[GSBN] Wall Detail

douglas nichols douglasnichols at hotmail.com
Sun May 20 17:01:43 UTC 2018

Thanks everyone for the feedback and interesting discussion !  David I caught your presentation at the Colorado Natural Building Conference .. good stuff !  In a similar vein I'm wondering if anyone out there has done a standard (but not popular) 19 3/16" 2x6 stud frame house and tried to stuff 18" bales on end between the studs?  The stud spacing allows for 8' sheet goods on the outside and leaves 17 11/16" (sorry to the rest of world about these silly fractions) space between the studs .. seems it would snugly fit a 18" bale.

Anyone ?  FYI the climate here does not necessarily warrant the additional blown cellulose.  We already (usually) net zero our "standard" 1000 sq/ft bale homes with 3kw of PV and a Fujitsu mini-split.

Doug Nichols

Creating Energy Efficient Homes Since 1995

Nichols Contracting LLC
821 S. 400 E.
Moab, Utah 84532
Cell #970.683.1517