[GSBN] Fwd: temp & humidity swing reductions with earthen materials

ejgeorge at riseup.net ejgeorge at riseup.net
Fri Jun 25 01:56:49 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Thought this might make for some interesting reading - several papers
recently forwarded to me on use of earthen materials for indoor
relative humidity control and temperature buffering.

"Tim Padfield Museum Document" is a Danish study that analyzes the
suitability of using lime and clay plasters for maintaining RH levels
in museum (or similar settings).

"AdobeUSA2009 Tim White Final Paper" examines "the effects earthern
plaster and exterior lime stucco have on controlling humidity and
temperature in building envelopes."

"Adobe and latent heat a critical component for newsletter" summarizes
a series of six studies comparing thermal comfort differences of adobe
vs. cinder block buildings.

I've only recently ever heard Ceasar's Stucco - anyone out there
familiar with them?
http://www.romanstucco.com/

ej