[GSBN] Strawbale humidity monitoring

Fran Bradshaw fran at annethornearchitects.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 14:20:23 UTC 2018

Dear All
I have  5 years temperature and humidity data on strawbale (not quite passivhaus) house built in 2013, in Norfolk UK.
10 Onmisense (the monitoring system used by Association for Environmentally Conscious Building in the UK)  sensors are built into the straw, plus outside and  inside monitors.

The construction is primary timber frame, self loadbearing strawbale, rendered outside in lime render and plastered inside in clay.

I have been trying to find researcher or PhD student  who might want to use data for research project, but because of the way university funding has changed in the UK, I have not yet been sucessful.

I think the data informs our understanding of the way moisture moves through the building fabric, and it would be interesting to do some exploratory sampling on site to see how the condition of the straw correlates to the data.

If anyone university based in Europe is interested to pick this up,  can you contact me?

yours
Fran Bradshaw

Frances Bradshaw
AECB Deputy Chair