[GSBN] Prefabricated and/or Modular Natural Building Systems

Dirk Scharmer ds at fasba.de
Wed Jun 20 11:45:24 UTC 2018

Dear Lars, Jakub and everybody,
I've to say something, take it serious but take it easy ;-)

It's interesting all the last 20 years I found myself in the party of
the people being blamed for building not totally straw because I didn't
go for load bearing so much. Now some years later all the load bearing
people especially all the leading ones in UK, in Denmark, in Spain ...
converted to market compromised money earn thinkers. What happend?

Somehow ecococon managed to buy some grass roots souls in Europe.
Congratulations!

For me it's not a matter of fear of competition, not a matter of a
factory here and not a matter of the amount of compromises. Not question
of who had the idea or whatever you could imagine in that direction.

It's a matter of a real sustainable, regional open source solution and
to believe that this solution is able to come into market and not the
typical way of capitalism globalized behaviour, working with cheap
people transporting thousands of kilometer.

The idea of straw building is (no matter if load bearing or not):

local straw
local timber
local other materials like earth and lime if possible
local crafts men
local change of society and business structures  w i t h  all  the
companies
everybody can build it with just the material from field, earth, forest
it's not the handcrafted way of business (which includes real efficient
ways of prefab)

Solutions like EcoCocon
no local straw
no local timber
no local other material
no local craftsmen except of a small erecting team for two days for
single family house
no change in local business
may be everybody could screw the elements together
it's the industrial way of business

Why don't you believe that we can't reach market with that local
solution?

For me EcoCocon and all the solutions like that is not 103 to 100
compromises it's 103 to maximum 3 compromises I see with building with
straw like we mainly do in Germany.
And we started from beginning with the 3 compromises...

FASBA discussed that some years ago and decided to go that way.

By the way: I respect everybody who just says I have to do this and that
just because of earning money (to a certain point, as long it's not real
bad work).

Lars and Jakub: Please be sure that you've 100% personal respect from me
BUT EcoCocon and others are not more than 20% of the straw building idea
I thought it is.

Sorry for my very broken english today, I'm out of international
networking since more than 2 years, focussing on local work ...

:-)

Dirk

--

Dirk Scharmer
Fachverband Strohballenbau Deutschland e.V.
Email: ds at fasba.de

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für
den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene
Adressat dieser E-Mail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem
Absender per E-Mail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in
Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It is
intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy
this message on any media of yours.