[GSBN] Prefabricated and/or Modular Natural Building Systems

Bill Steen williamsteen11 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 16:14:51 UTC 2018

Lars,
Having been given a good introduction to this system last summer during the European SB conference in Venice, it gets my thumbs up when it comes to panel based systems. There is a lot to recommend it.

And yes, it is most definitely a straight wall system, there is no doubt about that.
I think the trick will be getting these panels produced in the countries or locations where they will be used. Moving them around the Euro continent from Lithuania is somewhat of a drawback, but perhaps some of this has been remedied since last summer.

From what I saw about the way the panels are produced there is another issue that needs to be addressed. It requires full length stems of straw to be used when assembling the panels. I’m doubtful that many of the modern hybrid wheat varieties would be suitable. But I don’t know enough about the manufacture of them to really say.

Yes it is most definitely a straight wall/angular way of using straw. Hah, I have no remedy for this digression from the “good old days” of curvy and crazy walls that were once the norm. What can I say, even my kids are obsessed with making straight walls with angular corners. So therefore......

Bill

Sent from my iPad