[GSBN] Wheat straw glue?

Chris Magwood chris at endeavourcentre.org
Thu May 24 12:58:46 UTC 2018

Hi again,

While I'm bombarding the list, I'd like to throw this out to the
assembled brains in attendance...

I have been reading the attached report on Hemp-Straw Composites, and
trying to figure out what they mean by "wheat straw glue." They use
wheat straw in two ways... one they finely grind the straw, mix it with
hemp, and then add heat and pressure to release the lignin in the straw.
I understand this one, and would definitely want to know how much heat
and pressure, because that kind of treatment could negate the carbon
emissions benefits, or at least greatly reduce them. The other is
proprietary, and they call it a "wheat straw infusion."

Does anybody know anything about "wheat straw infusion" glue? Kind of
seems like it could be awfully useful in pursuing new ways to use straw
in buildings...

Chris

Chris Magwood Director, Endeavour Centre www.endeavourcentre.org