[GSBN] Legalizing Structural Cob

Graeme North graeme at ecodesign.co.nz
Wed Apr 25 10:37:14 UTC 2018

Hi Mark.
NZS 4297 has specific design engineering criteria for earth buildings, and these can be applied to cob. NZS 4298 has material tests that will let you test the material properties of cob by making bricks made the same size as adobe bricks and testing these. We have had several cob buildings consented this way.
Hope this helps
Graeme North