[GSBN] Straw Bale Cutting Tool - Any Ideas

André de Bouter forum at lamaisonenpaille.com
Wed Sep 27 19:13:43 UTC 2017

Hello,

Love the plasma torch...

Catherine, the ecococoon tool you mention looks cool, and moves fast.
Does anyone know what tool it is?

A very popular cutting tool for cutting bales here in France is the
crocodile saw
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor scie cocodile Bosch

The advantage over the chainsaw is that their is no chain. (chains can
break and end up in nasty places) and no straw gets pulled.
They have 2 blades...  One holds the straw, while the other cuts it.
Just like a Gillette razor, eh.

Dewalt has a similar machine, but their teeth do not go all the way to
the end of the blade.

Gernot Minke used them for cutting the bales beveled, to make vaults. He
fixed 2 of them on a table and then they pushed the bales through.
Not as fast as fast as a lumbersaw of course. But a heck easier to drag
arround for the 'small' jobs. And needs less power.

I've heard, but not seen, there are chainsaw-blades for cutting straw.

André - clean-shaven - de Bouter
France