[GSBN] Mesh types and sources

Caroline Meyer White hojtpaastraa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 08:08:24 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

We use the reed mats on all wooden surfaces that are plastered, and for
bridging we solely use jute-net, a mesh with 0,5 cm masks apart. (Perhaps
you call it burlap?). It is surprisingly strong.
We also used it in some masonry stoves. One of them were rebuild because a
new owner wanted a different design. It was only right up to where the
plaster hits the metalframe of the "door" where you put in the firewood,
the last 2 cm's that it was soft, otherwise it did it's job were weel.

Cheers
Caroline

> Good afternoon Chris
>
> We are strong proponents of CINTOFLEX D  the expanded polyester mesh we
> ³discovered" at your 2006 ISBC  and for convenience and surity to our
> contractor and owner-builders we wrap the walls (which arwe less than 3000
> high  in cintoflex - it is a small cost in the global view of building
> ALSO
> Cintofelx provides additional tangentail load resistance (wind and
> earthquake) tot eh lime plaster
>
> Regards
>
> Ian E. Redfern
>

>   www.adobesouth.co.nz
>

>   Ian Redfern
>   Adobe South
>   A:    5 Lancewood Rise, Onerahi, Whangarei
>   P:     09 436 4040      M:
>   027 490 2324
>   E:     ian at adobesouth.co.nz
>

> On 8/12/16, 11:06 AM, "Gsbn on behalf of Chris Magwood"
> <gsbn-bounces at sustainablesources.com on behalf of
> chris at endeavourcentre.org> wrote:
>

> >Hi all,
> >
> >For the first time in a long time, I'm in the market for some mesh for
> >our jumbo straw bale project this summer. The sources we've used in the
> >past have all dried up and our inventory is empty.
> >
> >So I thought it might be a good time to check in and see what others
> >have been using. We're not looking to cover the entire wall, but we have
> >some significant amounts of framing that need bridging, and ideally we'd
> >prefer not to use metal mesh. I'd love to know what any of you are
> >currently using and where you're sourcing it and perhaps refresh our
> >practice a bit!
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >Chris
> >

> >--
> >Chris Magwood
> >Director, Endeavour Centre
> >www.endeavourcentre.org

Caroline Meyer White, Rådgivende bygningsdesigningeniør,
Tlf.: 40761980, email: hojtpaastraa at gmail.com

GLARBO & WHITE ApS, Udførelse & Rådgivning, Byggeri i Naturmaterialer.
Røbrovej 10, 3760 Gudhjem, CVR.: 36507179. Merkurbank, reg.:8401
konto:1534561