[GSBN] Rainscreen exterior with interior wood finishes

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Mon May 6 20:46:15 UTC 2013

Laura,

We haven't furred an interior wall, though we have done double plaster
skins for an exterior rain screen.  For boards on the interior, I'd
 suggest attaching furring to the top and bottom plates and then quickly
shimming between the plaster and furring as needed for stability.  A tie at
mid-wall might be necessary, depending on the furring strips you use.  We
applied ours by drilling the plaster while still green.  If you used light
steel channels or studs, you might be able to span full height.

Hope this helps.
John