[GSBN] Rainscreen exterior with interior wood finishes

Laura Bartels laura at greenweaver.com
Mon May 6 19:40:31 UTC 2013

And another question I thought I would separate from the last under a different subject line.

On the same large project, which we're designing with a wood siding rainscreen by use of a 2 x 4 stud frame wall to the exterior, I'm surveying attachment methods for interior wood finish over the plastered bale. The options I've looked at include ladder frame between courses, interior furring supported by horizontal members through the wall attached to exterior studs, and flat framing on interior, integrated with plaster. With the project scale, it's imperative to use a system that is efficient in both labor and materials.

Does anyone have any other methods to throw into the pot that they've used and liked? Or yea or nea experiences with the above?

Cheers,
Laura

Laura Bartels
GreenWeaver Inc.