[GSBN] Wall Heights - Larger & Multi-storey Straw Bale buildings

Chris Magwood chris at endeavourcentre.org
Fri Apr 5 15:05:18 UTC 2013

Hi Andy,

Here are three photos of larger sb homes. The first one has a three
story tower, which is the first and only time I've gone that high. As I
recall it was 32ft to the top of the wall. The second one is the first
permitted two story load bearing home in Ontario, and the third is a two
story prefab home. Both of these are 18-20 feet tall.

All three were built platform-style, with floor joists typically hung
from the interior face of the top plate on the bale wall.

Hope this helps...

Chris