[GSBN] Natural Building Companion/ NBNE gathering

Mark Piepkorn duckchow at potkettleblack.com
Wed Mar 7 01:38:26 UTC 2012

On 3/6/2012 8:06 PM, ejgeorge at riseup.net wrote:
> We got a sneak peek of of Deva & Ace's "Natural Building Companion: A
> Comprehensive Guide to Integrative Design and Construction" at our
> recent Natural Builders NorthEast gathering.

It looked good. Way good. A timely building science based addition to
the growing body of serious natural building literature. I look forward
to giving it a real read.

I don't know if it's covered in the book, but one of the glancing topics
at the meeting was if folks in the northeast U.S. are going to have to
start designing for earthquake resistance too.

> We also had our annual Pecha Kucha slide show which one member turned
> into a YouTube video - feel free to check out what your Northeastern
> US counterparts have been up to!  Our gathering this year was in
> Buffalo, NY so there's an emphasis on retrofits, deconstruction, &
> materials reuse, along with retrospectives, project or trip
> highlights, and more. Enjoy!
>
> http://youtu.be/PpGtL-S7S84

My slides don't start until 12:05. One of them is of an
Easter-Island-head tissue dispenser wearing a space helmet. (Forewarned
is forearmed.)

Even if you don't want to watch the slides, it's worth bringing up for
the terrific soundtrack. Seriously.

Mark