[GSBN] Natural Building Companion/ NBNE gathering

ejgeorge at riseup.net ejgeorge at riseup.net
Wed Mar 7 01:06:44 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We got a sneak peek of of Deva & Ace's "Natural Building Companion: A
Comprehensive Guide to Integrative Design and Construction" at our
recent Natural Builders NorthEast gathering. It is a beefy book, meant
as a resource guide for natural building professionals & motivated
owner/builders in all climates, though with special emphasis on cold
climates and a significant focus on building science and energy
performance.

I only had a chance to glance through it, but one thing that really
stood out was the outstanding illustrations of building details -
really clear and well-labelled. It also has an instructional DVD.

Current publication date has been moved up to April 2nd.

We also had our annual Pecha Kucha slide show which one member turned
into a YouTube video - feel free to check out what your Northeastern
US counterparts have been up to!  Our gathering this year was in
Buffalo, NY so there's an emphasis on retrofits, deconstruction, &
materials reuse, along with retrospectives, project or trip
highlights, and more. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/PpGtL-S7S84

ej