[GSBN] Admin: Revised nomination process

Bill Christensen lists at sustainablesources.com
Sun Jan 8 23:02:06 UTC 2012

Now that GSBN is open for anyone to read (we've gained 25 readers since
we opened it up just before xmas, btw) I'd like to change the nomination
process a little bit.

Rather than making a proposal to include someone who isn't on the list
at all, please *first invite them to join* at
<http://sustainablesources.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/gsbn/>.  This will
allow them to sign up with whichever email address and password they
want (and I won't have to continually ask the nominator to supply their
email).  I also won't have to make every invitation myself - y'all can
explain what GSBN is in your own words. They'll be able to read the
messages which come through and decide for themselves if it makes sense
to be a contributor.

Once they're on the list we can discuss changing their status from
reader to contributor, and it's a fairly small matter for me to go in
and change it.

I just added Kyle Holzhueter.  (welcome, Kyle!)  I'm fine with adding
Harry as he's always been a valuable contributor to SB-R-Us.  Does he
want in?

--
Bill Christensen

<http://SustainableSources.com>