[GSBN] Call for Presentations for the International Straw Builder's Conference

Laura Bartels laura at greenweaverinc.com
Sun Jan 8 23:48:41 UTC 2012

Dear All,

This call for presentations below just went live on the conference website today at  http://www.strawbaleconference.com/presentations.html.
Please plan on attending, and please consider sharing your knowledge and latest experiences with those attending. The deadline for proposals is March 1st. and the full schedule is below.

Below is the invite you will find on the conference website where you will also find a fillable form for submissions.

Please share this with others as well.

Look forward to seeing you,
Laura
For the Colorado Straw Bale Association, Conference Hosts

You are warmly invited to submit a proposal for a presentation at the 2012 International Straw Builders’ Conference, hosted by the Colorado Straw Bale Association. The gathering will be held September 16-22, 2012 in Estes Park, Colorado.

The theme for the conference is Building Resilience for Our Collective Future… Inspired By Nature. Resilience is a broadly interpreted term that calls on our creativity, our ingenuity, our design and building skills, and on our hearts to create an adaptive response to change. In this community, it is the call for solutions that respond to the balance among:

housing for all
sustainability
adaptable responses to changing conditions around the planet.
This conference, a gathering of our international community as in 2006 and earlier, is for the benefit of those who design and build with straw for a living, and those who aspire to do so as well as all those who work with materials and technologies which beautifully integrate with and enhance structures made with straw.

The conference will also include an expo of non-governmental organizations and individuals working on projects and solutions designed with the majority of the world’s population in mind; people facing housing challenges for climate adaptation, disaster relief or lack of ‘conventional’ resources.

We welcome and encourage sessions that represent the science, art and craft of building with straw, along with sessions on case studies, networking and leadership development, outreach, hands on workshops and education. The formats of presentations are Talks, Panel Discussions and Workshops. Session lengths range from 30 minutes to up to 3 hours for interactive or hands-on workshops.

You are asked to prepare the following for a proposal;

10 Word Title
40 Word Summary (will be used in the program)
250 Word Description
1st and 2nd Choice for Session Format
120 Word Bio

Feel free to submit more than one session proposal.

Call for Presentations Schedule
January 1, 2012 – Announcement of Call for Presentations
March 1, 2012 – Deadline for Presentation submissions
April 1, 2012 – Acceptance of Presentations and Notification to Presenters

If you have any questions, please contact us at coloradostrawbale at yahoo.com or 970-497-9575.

We look forward to gathering with all of you.

Laura Bartels
GreenWeaver Inc.
520 S. Third St., Suite 5
Carbondale, CO 81623
970-379-6779
www.greenweaverinc.com

We've moved to the Third St. Center
http://thirdstreetcenter.net/
A community place promoting inspiration, sustainability and creative exchange