[GSBN] Alliance for Sustainable Building Products UK

Tom Woolley tom.woolley at btconnect.com
Sat Nov 12 20:43:55 UTC 2011

Dear all

you may be interested to know that I am chairing an event in the House
of Commons in Parliament in London this Wednesday (November 16th)  to
launch the Alliance for Sustainable Building Products in the UK (ASBP)

This is a very important initiative by materials companies ,
architects and others who support the  importance of reducing the
environmental impact of building materials.

  We hope to spread the idea of using low impact, healthy, non toxic
renewable materials to create energy efficient buildings

Currently many of the materials used in so-called "Green" and energy
efficient buildings are based on petrochemicals and contain many toxic
chemicals, made by companies that may claim their products are
sustainable but in reality indulge in Greenwash

I have attached a leaflet which sets out some of the ideas of ASBP and
a further document with FAQs

ASBP is also based on the principles to be found in the European wide
Natureplus certification system which you can find on their web site
which is available in German, English, French and Italian
http://www.natureplus.org/en/current-news/home/

Tom

Tom Woolley

Rachel Bevan Architects