[GSBN] Embodied energy figures

Chris Magwood info at chrismagwood.ca
Tue Jan 4 02:28:42 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I'm doing a bunch of research to help my students this spring, and I'm
trying to compile some good embodied energy stats to give them some
guidance around material choices and their environmental impacts. I know
that EE doesn't give the whole picture by any means, but it's a good way
to show them some comparisons and get them thinking.

I've seen some good charts from University of Bath in the UK and
Victoria University in NZ, and a reference chart from the Canadian
Architects Association (don't know where the numbers came from in that
one). I've also found some research documents that look at EE in
particular materials.

Does anybody have other recommendations for EE comparison charts?

Thanks!

Chris