[GSBN] Frank Tettemer on GSBN?

kim thompson shipharbour at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 7 12:36:08 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Frank is a fantastic addition to the group, so much experience and
incredibly generous with it.
Having more folks involved who build in northerly climates means a lot.

Hope to cobble together a few thoughts on the fire conversation,
having had some first hand experience there
many years ago.

kim

On 7-Nov-10, at 7:54 AM, Mark Piepkorn wrote:

> I vote yea. Like DE said, he's been in SB for ages, and from this
> distance I consider him a leading example. I know him almost
> entirely via the internet though (same way that I know so many of
> you), and would be interested in hearing what people physically
> closer and more familiar to his work think. In my experience, he's
> got chops, keeps abreast, innovates, shares experiences, and I like
> his politics too. His website is http://www.livingsol.com
>
> Mark
>

> On 11/7/2010 2:18 AM, strawnet at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Frank has been involved in Canada for a long time. Good guy and
>> I'm sure he has plenty of things to contribute.
>>
>> David

Kim Thompson
Straw Bale Projects
2699 Northwood Terrace
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3K 3S9
tel. 902-453-2429
e mail: shipharbour at ns.sympatico.ca
www.naturalbuilding.ca

"Tradition and modernity are merely two sides of the same coin - and
must be dealt with simultaneously. Building cannot be a rigid dogma,
but a living, organic, ecological project. It is about continuity,
based on memory, common sense and experience and is the foundation of
invention."   Hasan Uddin Khan