[GSBN] SB buildings/contacts in the Philippines?

Mark Piepkorn duckchow at potkettleblack.com
Thu Oct 28 16:21:48 UTC 2010

Got a message from a Chicago-based architect I know, Amanda Roelle -
http://www.growherechicago.com/ - who is currently in Italy and looking
for SB buildings and contacts in the Philippines.

I'm actually not sure what email address she's using (she contacted me
on Facebook) so if you could either post anything you've got here, or
send it to me, I'll get it to her. I'm not sure what she needs beyond
the standard references regarding fire resistance.

She wrote:
"I am in Italy and have met up with some architects-builders who built
straw bale houses here after an earthquake a few years ago. Anyway we
are collaborating on a competition for disaster relief housing in the
Philippines and are interested in using straw bale. I glanced over at
one of their computers and noticed them perusing "potkettleblack" for
precedents and said "hey I know that guy!" So, we have been researching
but not much is coming up - do you know of any straw bale used in the
Philippines of Asia-Oceania? The buildings have to meet National
Philippino Building Code and there is nothing on fire resistance for
straw bale. Do you happen to have any resources/ideas to look?"