[GSBN] Derek's concerns (was: your comments on gsbn for mark)

Mark Piepkorn mark at buildinggreen.com
Sat Jun 20 14:36:48 UTC 2009

At 02:22 AM 6/20/2009, Derek Roff wrote:
>Someone forwarded something from this so-called private list, to
>James, or someone else who eventually got some comments to James.

         Bill C can correct anything I've not got quite right in
this: GSBN is a closed list with public archives. I'm assuming the
archives are crawled by the search engines, and though I didn't ask
James, I imagine he found my post on a web search, or has a Google
alert for his name set up, or something like that. If he didn't, he
could have. If you'd like, I'll ask him. Or he might see us
discussing it himself in the archive.

>James responded in some way (not directly to Mark), which got to the
>list manager, who forwarded the message to Mark.

         He sent the reply to the GSBN address, which was bounced to
Bill, as all non-member posts are. (The public archives obscure
posters' email addresses, so James couldn't have contacted me
directly from there - though I'm easily findable everywhere else on
the web.) Then Bill contacted me. I wanted to pursue James' offer to
give his side of things, and to share it with GSBN (which is only
fair). The most hoop-free way to do that is direct contact with James
and then sharing those exchanges with the GSBN community.

>Not long after receiving Mark's response, I got another GSBN posting
>from <ejgeorge at riseup.net>. So far as I can tell, this is a
>reposting of Mark's message, with a different first line and the
>lack of some of Mark's formatting.

         I believe ej made a simple mistake; she may have been
intending to forward it to the regional natural building group she
represents (NBNE). But she's legit, and a totally cool person. I hope
the two of you get to meet sometime, and that I'm there when it happens.

         I think I've covered everything, by inference if not directly. Have I?

Mark