[GSBN] Derek's concerns (was: your comments on gsbn for mark)

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Sat Jun 20 15:57:54 UTC 2009

Thanks, Mark.  I'll admit that I was a bit grumpy when I posted my
message last night.  (I bristle when anyone attacks the Duck).  But
my preferences for understanding who is involved in a discussion
remain.  I'm glad to know something about EJ, and do hope we can meet
someday.  I know email errors can happen any time- I make several
each week.  It was the juxtaposition of the unsigned email from ej
and Mark's quoting the address free message from James, that made me
wonder what was going on.

I just Googled the GSBN Archives, and the newest message that I could
find was dated 2007. (While there is a "Date Index" for the archive,
no dates are shown, except when opening individual messages.)
However, from the GSBN Info Page, there is a link to a different GSBN
Archive, which has messages from 2008 and 2009.  It is pretty
current.  In fact, I contains some messages sent in the last twelve
hours that I haven't received yet in my subscribed email account.
Since Mark didn't mention James in his first posting on the topic of
James' building technique, even by first name, I'm still curious
about the mechanisms at play.  Joyce quoted the newspaper article,
which did have the name, so perhaps that plus Google is the
mechanism.  Thanks again, Mark, for helping to trace the arc of this
discussion.

Derelict

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
Ortega Hall 129, MSC03-2100
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek at unm.edu

--On Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:36 AM -0400 Mark Piepkorn