[GSBN] SB fire fighting test update

Tom Hahn tomhahn at econet.org
Wed May 13 15:16:49 UTC 2009

>(snip)
>Both Don and Dr. Kime are very interested in doing this test.  The testing
>facility at ASU, as well as Don Fisher's time (and possibly Dr. Kime's) are
>being offered without cost.  All other costs would need to be covered by the
>SB community (unless funding from a fire organization can be found).
>Possible dates for testing are early-July or mid-August, and/or when fully
>organized and funded.
(snip)

Martin - Thanks for bringing this together...

You realize, of course, that a "fire test"... in Phoenix... in July
or August... is a bit redundant?  ;-)

Seriously, though, let us know if Ecosa can be of assistance as part
the construction team, or help with any local logistics for material,
humanpower or equipment.  I can bring the tool trailer which has most
equipment for something in straw-bale of this scale.  I'm pretty sure
I could round up a few interested volunteers if needed.  And, though
we now live in Prescott, Arizona, we may not have sold our Phoenix
home by then, and it could be available for anyone involved in the
testing to stay with their sleeping bags.

Tom
--
Ecosa Design/Ecosa Institute
Prescott, AZ