[GSBN] From Alex, looking for Strawbale and Community in Germany

lotan-build at lotan.ardom.co.il lotan-build at lotan.ardom.co.il
Wed May 28 13:25:26 UTC 2008

To Global Ecovillage Network - Europe

And Global Strawbale Network

Dear Friends,

I can stay in Germany for a few days before or after the GEN General
Assembly to be held at EcoVillage Sieben Linden (near Poppau) 7-12 July and
I am very interested in viewing first hand Strawbale and Earthen
Construction projects.

I would appreciate hearing from you what you suggest I see in the locale. I
would also appreciate assistance in contacting the people behind the
projects.  In particular it appears that Kassel University is enroute
between Sieben Linden and the Frankfurt airport (through which is most
convenient for me to travel through) - it would be a great honor and
opportunity to meet Prof. Gernot Minke and see his buildings.

Please let me know what you suggest,

Thank you,

Alex

Here are a few photos of the Geodesic Frames, Strawbale and Earthplastered
Dome Dormitories (GeoDorms?) we're building with ourGreen Apprenticeship
Permaculture and EDE students:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ciclotan <http://picasaweb.google.com/ciclotan>
Green Apprenticeship Bustan Neighborhood, new public composting toilets (I
opened this because I can't access the other picacasaweb account, sorry for
the confusion)

earlier photos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kibbutzlotan/
<http://picasaweb.google.com/kibbutzlotan/>  bustan neighborhood dome
construction

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff285/ciclotan/
<http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff285/ciclotan/>  domes, green
apprenticeship, bird reserve hide construction

Alex Cicelsky

Center for Creative Ecology

a not-for-profit education institute supported by

Amuta Tzel Hatamar, Israel tax exempt no. 580347029

Friends of Lotan, USA 501(c)(3), no. 17053031035036

Kibbutz Lotan

D.N. Eilot 88855 Israel

Tel: +972-(0)54-979-9009

Websites:  <http://www.kibbutzlotan.com/> www.kibbutzlotan.com