[GSBN] Sticking clay on top of lime?

Rene Dalmeijer rdalmeij at mac.com
Tue Jul 28 14:12:20 UTC 2020

Derek,

I fully agree with what you say on both points. A little test is a very good idee just to see how it works.

I would like to add though that stubborn clients can help to stretch the scope of out knowledge. If you ask any conventional builder about building with bales.. well you already know the answer.

Another thing that could help in this type of situation is a really fat clay slip sprayed or brushed on. As the pictures show there is a lot of crevices to key into but I also have the impression that the lime substrate is very unstable meaning an almost impossible task to achieve a stable finish.

Basking in the reclaimed swamp at the old mouth of the Rhine
Rene Dalmeijer