[Gsbn] Fwd: Studies on toxic elements in straw

Valentina Maini vmaini at mac.com
Thu Jan 23 14:10:15 UTC 2020

Hi Rikki and all,
I had the same question in mind for many years especially after a 2012 project for MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity) people diagnosted oficially at Hospitals with this sickness. ( In that project straw was discarded for other reasons: it was refurbishing interior, we tested and used succesfully foamglass panel as insulation+clay panels + silicate)

This past November i talked with a Quality& Safety official for testing farming products under EU law & protocols (as far as i know the more severe and challenging law protocols and requirements for chemical safety)

She told me that: straw is considered as food so very high standards of control and no by products or other known dangerous compound are expected and allowed in straw (when is sold as food for animals)

She also told me that to have a test on a specific straw for this is far more cheap to do then any other test On straw as building material

In any case test on chemicals  with very positive  results is a base,  but it does not garantee safety Choice for a person with MCS. For exemple: With Clay Panel Some people felt not good/bad and  we could fix that with Silicate.

 The 1996 movie “Safe” with. Julianne Moore has a good insight of the special “systemic” dynamic challenge of  this kind of sickness.

Hope is somehow useful to you
Big Hug  Rikki, ciao  Valentina