[GSBN] energy efficiency.

Builders Without Borders mail at builderswithoutborders.org
Thu May 18 19:53:36 UTC 2017

Sorry for weighing in so late on this topic.

I'm recalling that the ADRA straw-bale housing initiative in Heilongjiang,
China, which was awarded the World Habitat Award in 2005, that homeowners
were saving approximately 2/3 of their heating costs compared with
traditional brick buildings.   Not only that, but each small home saved 150
tons of CO2 from going into the atmosphere, because they sequestered CO2 in
the bales and reduced the burning of coal to stay warm. And the health of
the inhabitants improved, as they reduced the indoor air pollution from
breathing coal smoke.

Sincerely,
Catherine Wanek
Co-director
Builders Without Borders
www.builderswithoutborders.org

*Ecological builders working together for a sustainable future.*