[GSBN] Mechanized Cob Workshop: Using an excavator to mix and applycob

Anthony Dente dente.a at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 21:35:22 UTC 2013

Thanks again Feile,

I originally wrote you off the list but it seemed that these issues you
bring up may also find a strong response on GSBN.  I believe you may have
assumed we were on the list anyway.

As as a civil engineer conducting mostly structural work, thermal qualities
are not my forte.  Although Massey Burke a designer/builder I have been
working with has recently put a cob building through California's somewhat
stringent Title 24 energy requirements matrix and it luckily did not come
out with a big fat X.  In fact, California has a Heavy Mass Wall option in
our matrix.  Massey knows much more about the process than I do so I've
copied here here to continue the conversation.

Thanks,
~Anthony

Anthony Dente, PE, LEED AP
Kevin Donahue Structural Engineers