[GSBN] Square footage of straw-bale homes

Andrew Webb andrew at thegreenwebb.com
Thu May 12 23:23:08 UTC 2011

Bohdan is correct too.  Another point is that the majority of large and
small companies responsible for 95% or more of the housing market are
predominantly run not by builders, architects or designers, but by
accountants, marketers, those with business backgrounds.  Design has
little to do with most housing short of selling a product.  Their
unrealistic, and frequently deceptive (just look at the exclusions),
advertised prices give people a warped idea of what it costs to build
something well.  Marketing is less about giving people what they need
and much more to do with telling people that what they need is what you
are selling - how many on this list /need/ to browse the internet from
your phone, for example?  One of the best books on this is "The Lorax"
by Dr. Seuss!

-Andrew