[GSBN] Experience with Wrapping CMU with Strawbale?

Alex Cicelsky (Kibbutz Lotan) alex at klotan.co.il
Tue Dec 7 18:31:24 UTC 2010

Mark,
Our tea house (construction photo http://www.solarpower.co.il/en/?project=700W%20grid%20connectet%20in%20Kibbutz%20Lotan ) is a concrete block building with exterior straw bales, earth plastered interior (on the CMUs ) and on the exterior bales.  We've had no moisture issues.  Don't forget extra good (water proof) toe-ups between the bales and the ground and extensive overhangs.

Alex Cicelsky
Director of Research and Development
Center for Creative Ecology
Kibbutz Lotan
D.N. Eilot 88855 Israel
Tel: +972-(0)54-979-9009
Email: alex at klotan.co.il<mailto:alex at klotan.co.il>
Website: www.kibbutzlotan.com<http://www.kibbutzlotan.com/>
www.youtube.com/user/KibbutzLotan<http://www.youtube.com/user/KibbutzLotan>

Spend a College Semester at Lotan with fully transferable credits from UMass Amherst Peace Justice & the Environment<http://www.kibbutzlotan.com/creativeEcology/peaceJusticeEnvironment.html>

Practical Ecology Training & Permaculture Desing Certification - Green Apprenticeship<http://www.kibbutzlotan.com/creativeEcology/ga/index.htm>

Put the Earth in your Hands GoEco Work & Learn Volunteering<http://www.goeco.org/project/28/Volunteer_in_Israel_Kibbutz_Lotan_Eco_Volunteer_Program>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB964D.B79A44E0]<http://www.kibbutzlotan.com/creativeEcology/ga/index.htm>
אנא חישבו על הסביבה לפני הדפסת הדוא"ל הזה
فكّروا عن جودة البيئة قبل طباعة هذه الرسالة الالكترونية
please think about the environment before printing this email