[GSBN] About TLS submissions

Joyce Coppinger jc10508 at windstream.net
Tue May 18 17:01:02 UTC 2010

Here are some basics about submissions for TLS:

Word Count - with 28 pt heading
€ text only 900 words fills one page
€ text/two photos 500 words fills one page
€ text/two photos and no heading on second page 1000 words fills two pages
€ text/one photo 700 words fills one page

If several photos are used in an article and captions are added to the
photos, the space for text is reduced accordingly.

Not mandatory, however, it would be helpful and save time on this end if
copy was created using Times font, 14 pt, no bold, no colors, no underlining
except for web sites, and no indentations for paragraph.

Photos, drawings and illustrations are accepted in 300 dpi jpg or tiff
format. Please do not download or copy photographs and illustrations from
web sites. Color photographs are accepted; they will not appear in color in
the print issue but will be included in the online version. Photo size
should be about 4x3 inches.

Remember I'm trying to get as many issues published as quickly as I can so
there's no set deadline. Send copy in at ANY TIME regardless of when issue
is currently being worked on.

It usually takes about three months to get an issue prepared - sometimes
longer if we have to wait on content or images.

Joyce
Joyce Coppinger
Managing Editor/Publisher
The Last Straw, the international journal
of strawbale and natural building
PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
<thelaststraw at thelaststraw.org>