[GSBN] Fwd: Message from Pat McArdle - SB activist

BuildersWithoutBorders mail at builderswithoutborders.org
Wed May 26 19:49:59 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues -

Please forgive me for this slightly off-topic message.

Longtime strawbale supporter with a career in the US State
Department, Patricia McArdle has written a novel based on a year she
spent in Afghanistan -- that is one of three finalists in the
Amazon/Penguin Contest.  The novel illuminates many of the challenges
the country faces, and suggests some sustainable approaches.  Read
below for more information.

Pat was an invaluable supporter of Builders Without Borders when we
built the strawbale ecohouse in Washington in 2008.
Many of you met her at the ISBBC in Ontario in 2007.

The contest winner will be determined by Internet voting. This is
where you come if you so choose.
Thanks in advance for casting a vote.

Sincerely,
Catherine Wanek