[GSBN] Reinforced Monolithic Adobe (Cob) Seismic Testing almost done- tax deductible donations welcomed

Kyle Holzhueter nihondaigaku.kairu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 22:43:52 UTC 2018

Dear Art,

Great work!
I'm curious why bamboo isn't included as a reinforcement method. I
understand it's probably less predictable than steel, but I suspect it's
also less susceptible to degrade in earthen walls. My understanding is
that, in concrete walls, steel tends to corrode as the concrete neutralizes
over time. In Japan, it's not uncommon to find completely corroded steel,
like wires and nails, in earthen walls. It's also not uncommon to find
pristine bamboo in 100 year old earthen walls.

Kyle
Kyle Holzhueter  PhD
First Degree Certified Plasterer
Permaculture Center Kamimomi
Architectural and Regional Ecological Design Studio, Nihon University

カイル・ホルツヒューター 博士(生物資源科学)
一級左官技能士
パーマカルチャーセンター上籾
日本大学大学院 建築・地域共生デザイン研究室