[GSBN] Where are we at? - From your corner of the world. + Your favorite research / presentation on moisture transport

Bill Christensen lists at sustainablesources.com
Tue May 15 04:17:45 UTC 2018

Sorry for the delayed reply - just catching up on GSBN mail today.

There are around 230 subscribers to GSBN.

The StrawBale Building Registry which we put together in 2001 is still
out there, though it's gotten pretty long in the tooth and nobody has
added any buildings in a good number of years:
http://sbregistry.sustainablesources.com .  I keep meaning to find time
to re-do it and expand its scope, but haven't gotten to it yet.

On 4/25/18 2:51 AM, Caroline Meyer White wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am going to present about strawbalebuilding at the Danish national
> research Institute's day on building physics. (Denmark is really quite
> a third world country when it comes to the established institutions
> recognizing any type of diffusion-open building envelope).
>
> I was wondering if somebody out there have a vague idea, how spread
> out straw building is now a days?
> - How many countries are there bale buildings in?
> Perhaps impossible questions - but anything will do :)
>
> Something that shows the "state-of-the art" from your perspective, you
> are most welcome to send my way.
>
> If you may have a rough count of what is in your
> region/organistion/country, I would be excited to know.
>
> Regarding the all-time-present moisture question: I have Kuba's thesis
> - which is great! :). But if you have a favorite presentation /
> research document.... anything, that presents the moisture migration
> issue in a way that really works for you, I would also be thrilled!!
>
> Bill: Can you share how many are on this list currently? - if that is
> a number you have.
>
> All my Best to all of you,
> Caroline
>
> hojtpaastraa at gmail.com <mailto:hojtpaastraa at gmail.com>
> or
> kontakt at glarbowhite.dk <mailto:kontakt at glarbowhite.dk>
>
> --
>
> Venlig hilsen
>
> Caroline Meyer White
>
> Rådgivende bygningsdesigningeniør
>
> GLARBO & WHITE ApS -Udførelse & Rådgivning, Byggeri i Naturmaterialer
>
> Tlf.: 40761980, email: kontakt at glarbowhite.dk
> <mailto:kontakt at glarbowhite.dk>
>
> Røbrovej 10, 3760 Gudhjem, CVR.: 36507179. Merkurbank, reg.:8401
> konto:1534561

Bill Christensen
http://SustainableSources.com
http://LinkedIn.com/in/billc108