[GSBN] Creative, open minded soil engineer in California?

Art Ludwig-Oasis Design oasis at oasisdesign.net
Fri Apr 27 20:22:10 UTC 2018

Anyone have a suggestion for a creative, open minded soil engineer in California?

We’re looking to build without over excavating and compacting, which is pretty alien to practice here in Santa Barbara.
(Ok, just a little thumping in the bottom of the hole, maybe)

We already have a soil test and the soil at the depth we are reaching (8’) has the bearing capacity to support the structure in its native state, without compaction.

The quality of the soil is astonishing; it is perfect for growing things and we don’t want to mess it up.

Yours,

Art