[GSBN] Straw bale building in tropical areas

Rene Dalmeijer rdalmeij at mac.com
Mon Jul 17 20:16:06 UTC 2017

I also support the excellent reply by Martin I would like to add that a few sb houses have been built in India which as far as I know have been coping well. I know one of the buildings even experienced flooding, wetting the lower bales and recovered from this without damage. Andre de Bouter was also involved in a straw bale building that as far as I know also functions wel. The above buildings are all at least 15 years old now.

I think that in general the worst conditions for sb are like those experienced on the Olympic peninsula in WA. Very moist conditions with little opportunity for drying ie no long dry spells.

Sent from my Nokia 3310