[GSBN] Bullet Resistance of Straw Bale Walls

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Wed Aug 17 14:34:04 UTC 2016

[image: 13895162_10157415125610393_7924676218645931904_n.jpg]

The only test that I know was done by the husband of a woman who wrote an
article on strawbale for Survival Magazine.  This is probably what John G
remembers hearing about.  Somewhere I have a copy of that magazine filed
away.  The bales stopped or slowed light caliber bullets, but not heavier
ones, like a 30-30..

This is a picture of the bales at the police station project that we worked
on earlier this year.  The target was courtesy of the police, who had a lot
of very interesting comments to make about their new SWAT locker. :)

John "Out on Bail" Swearingen