[GSBN] The Last Straw

Jeff Ruppert jeff at odiseanet.com
Tue Jul 19 21:22:38 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

I'm writing to let you know that we are looking for a new home for The
Last Straw.  The time has come when we are absolutely overwhelmed
pulling off publishing the magazine on top of our regular jobs and
raising a two-year old.  I am saddened to have to resort to seeking a
new home for TLS, but I also can't continue letting deadlines slip and
feeling the guilt.

So please take this as a call for any interested folks out there who may
be interested in shepherding TLS along, please contact me.  I have to
let everyone know that we won't be shoving it off on just anyone.  If
you, or someone you know, is interested you or they will need not only a
background in natural building, but a penchant for writing and a real
passion for this sort of thing.

In terms of what it entails publishing a small rag, I won't beat around
the bush, this is not a glamorous or high paying gig.  We have managed
to not spend any of our own money on TLS, but we also don't make
anything either.  It does make for a good way to write off trips to,
say, New Zealand...and it's a great way to keep in touch with alot of
your friends.  Maybe there is a small group of you who could band
together.  We have a few advertising contracts that have recently been
renewed or are coming back up for renewal, and with a little effort
there could be many more.  The website has been rebuilt a couple times
in the past few years and is in great shape.  All in all it's ripe for
someone to come in and take it up another notch.  It even comes with a
layout person ready to go - our beloved Satomi Lander.

If you are interested, contact me with questions offline from the group
and I'll do my best to answer them.  Feel free to also use this email
address for correspondence:  tlseditor at thelaststraw.org

Cheers,

Jeff

**