[GSBN] Libraries can still burn

David Arkin, AIA david at arkintilt.com
Fri Jul 8 00:58:38 UTC 2016

Dearest EBNet-ers:

The Board of the California Straw Building Association (CASBA) recognizes both the great value of—as well as the amount of time it takes to build and maintain—the 'greatest collection of (natural building) knowledge ever', upon which our members and so many others rely.

CASBA will be forwarding a donation of $1,000USD to the Ecological Building Network to help fund the rebuilding of the BuildWell Source Library.

May it frolic in the autumn mist in a land called Onna-Line again soon,

CASBA / David Arkin, Director

On Jul 7, 2016, at 2:54 PM, Bruce EBNet <bruce at ecobuildnetwork.org> wrote:

> Dear GSBNers —
>
> Some of you know that the ancient library of Alexandria — the greatest collection of knowledge ever, at that time — was burned, with a loss of everything in it.
>
> In today’s world it can happen even faster, as when a hacker commandeers your website and then you find that your host wasn’t actually backing up and then . . . poof!  Gone.
>
> So it has gone with the BuildWell Source, the library we have been slowly raising online so that y’all could have easy access to technical and other information when you need it.  About 150 people, like many of you, have used it and contributed useful stuff for everyone’s benefit, and we thank you.  And we’re very sorry, it has gone Poof.
>
> We are rebuilding that site as fast as we can, but it will take a while.  (Ditto Ecological Building Network, bruce-king.com and Green Building Press.)  I’ll let you know when it’s back up, and hopefully we can together build an even better resource to serve the growth and effective practice of natural building.
>
> A major bummer, for sure, but in the end a “first world problem” — no one is getting shot or starved or abused.
>
> I feel very grateful to be able to work with y’all.
>
> Bruce “Poof the magic dragon” King
> Ecological Building Network
> (415) 987-7271
> bruce at bruce-king.com

*  *  *  *  *
Arkin Tilt Architects
Ecological Planning & Design

Please Support my 2016 Climate Ride (bicycling 350+ miles in the Pacific Northwest, August 4-10, with a fundraising goal of $5,000 to support Straw-Bale outreach)
http://support.climateride.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=4244
Thank you!

David Arkin, AIA, Architect
LEED Accredited Professional
CA #C22459/NV #5030

1101 8th St. #180, Berkeley, CA  94710
510/528-9830 ext. 2#
www.arkintilt.com

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
— A. J. Muste