[GSBN] Straw Life Cycle Assessment Information Request

David Arkin david at arkintilt.com
Sat Jun 28 22:06:46 UTC 2014

Hello GSBNers:

This student recently contacted CASBA via our website.  If anyone has anything specific to life-cycle embodied energy, whether your own research or something you're familiar with, please contact her at:  maya.donelson at gmail.com

Thanks,

David Arkin / CASBA

On Jun 17, 2014, at 12:44 PM, maya.donelson at gmail.com wrote:

> Maya Donelson sent a message using the contact form at http://www.strawbuilding.org/contact.
>
> Greetings,
>
> I am writing because I am a Master's student at HafenCity University in Hamburg, Germany in Resource Efficiency in Architecture and Planning and I am writing a paper on the benefits of straw for insulation purposes. I am trying to assess straw in terms of its life-cycle including extraction, manufacture, transportation, use, and demolition. I am hoping to find information regarding the economic cost, environmental cost, energy consumption, and air and water pollution at each stage of straw in its life-cycle. Do you have any information that you could share with me?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Maya Donelson

*  *  *  *  *
Arkin Tilt Architects
Ecological Planning & Design
1101 8th St. #180, Berkeley, CA  94710
510/528-9830 ext. 2#
www.arkintilt.com

David Arkin, AIA, Architect
LEED Accredited Professional
CA #C22459/NV #5030

Director, California Straw Building Association
www.strawbuilding.org
CASBA is a project of the Tides Center

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
— A. J. Muste