[GSBN] Insurance

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Fri May 16 19:36:07 UTC 2014

Mark,

I think it was a good idea to also include the ASTM E-119 fire test results.
You might also consider referring people to the SB code supporting
documentation page on EBNet¹s website:

http://www.ecobuildnetwork.org/index.php/projects/straw-bale-code-supporting
-documents

It contains many key testing and research reports, including the fire tests.

That¹s troubling, that the insurance companies listed on the SB registry are
declining to insure SB buildings.  It makes me think of informing the
national insurance companies of ICC¹s approval of straw bale construction
(and light straw-clay) for one and two family residences.  To start with
that, and see where it leads as a means of changing their policy.  Will
consider doing this.

Martin