[GSBN] Fresh enthusiasm; and another four nominations

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Fri Feb 28 12:29:16 UTC 2014

Hi Joyce and others,

(And thanks Bill for verifying Dawn and Emily's existence here on the GSBN.)

Liz Johndrow has been volunteering her time, and wisely spending her Winters, working with communities and small children, building  school buildings, solar dryers, and other community infastructure, in Nicaragua. She has lead classes and worked with Sara Halley and Karen George. Timberframing excellence, mud and straw and adobe and smart.

Michael Henry has worked with Camel's Back Construction for eons, and has a quiet, serious demeanor when it comes to debating earthen plasters vs. lime plasters vs. tadelakt, and coming up with the correct recipes for each application.  A very good listener.

Anna is a mud and fibre genius from Chicago, who has done remarkable interior design and application of interiors for restaurants, cafes and other urban Chicago projects.  Equisite sense of experimentation , composition, and  earthy design in all her work that I've viewed on this computer screen. Sense of humour, too.

Frank

For those of us who don't know these folks and their work, could you tell us
a bit about them.

Joyce

--
Frank Tettemer