[GSBN] Fresh enthusiasm; and another four nominations

John Glassford jacksflat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 03:27:56 UTC 2014

G' day Bill

Thank you for the thoughtful response to our future.

I am one of those who would prefer one list of balers, we may be old in SB
terms here on GSBN and some may claim to be old in years but not in
enthusiasm for straw bale.  I just feel that the straw bale fraternity on
the Internet needs something new and fresh with the experienced people from
this list partaking.

The Straw Bale Building Facebook
Page<https://www.facebook.com/groups/4996524462/> is
good however I do not know anyone but a handful who post on this page.  I
feel it needs an injection of us so called "oldies".  Then again I am open
to all ideas it is just that , like most of us, time is very scarce and I
for one need to manage my Internet time.

Even jolly old Rotary has had to get to grips with the Internet and has
gone an almighty change in the past 6 months.  Much gnashing of teeth and
hair being pulled out by the oldies but Rotary now has a fresh young image
and is going gang busters with new platforms for members to use, such as
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and a Word Press Blog web site.

So where and how do we go from here and it is obvious we cannot stay the
same the traffic tells us that.  Love RT and his work on SB-r-us all these
years and sure have missed his input and humour.  Would hate to lose anyone
but haven't we lost so many already by not changing?  Many older Rotarains
did not want Rotary to change their logo etc etc and said they would leave
as far as I know the net result has been very positive in new members.

Let us know what you all think or are we flogging a dead camel?  OR do we
organise a debate with everyone concerned followed by a vote?  If the
latter how?

Kind regards
John Glassford aka The Straw Wolf
Huff 'n' Puff Constructions