[GSBN] Straw Bale Insulated Ceiling

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Tue Feb 4 18:38:24 UTC 2014

Jorge, in this case, the membrane was applied directly to the plaster on
the bales.  We used a liquid-applied latex membrane which had at least a
little vapor permeability...

The area gets about 12 cm of rain per year (4.7 in), spread more or less
equally through 7-8 months, in short, intense storms, so the curved roof
sheds the water quickly and can easily dry in the dry desert air after the
storm.  I would hesitate to do this in an area with lingering, wetting,
storms.

John