[GSBN] Prefab straw bale systems for TLS

Lance Kairl sabale at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 7 23:44:45 UTC 2013

Greetings and All,

It is my understanding the NatureBuilt crew may not be working for standard
industry wages and conditions,

And or your industry rates are rather different than ours...the product cost
is a result of all ...all the input costs.

As with one panel system here in Australia , owners and volunteers , can
assist in the construction and rendering of the panels,

This certainly affects the end cost of the product.

For some countries , definitely including Australia" our level of insulation
for " cookie cutter houses" is around R 2.5 metric ( R 10 imperial)

Compared to 5 -6 times that for a straw bale wall.  Our costing's are not
comparing Like to Like  in terms of insulation value.

No one tries to achieve the same level of insulation here with other
insulating materials.

Thus another great advantage for Panel bale wall systems in the cold
climates.

Cheers lance

House of Bales.