[GSBN] Prefab straw bale systems for TLS

Chris Magwood chris at endeavourcentre.org
Mon Oct 7 03:07:57 UTC 2013

That's interesting that you're finding that prefab is at the high end of
the scale, because the NatureBuilt crew are able to install them for a
cost similar to conventional framing and lower than any of the
site-built bale companies in Ontario... around $16-18/square foot of wall.

The more expensive systems seem to be the ones that are still plastered
in an upright position, typically on-site after the panels are
installed. The NatureBuilt panels are plastered in a single coat in a
horizontal position, and that's where the time/labour/money savings lies.

I'm keen to talk to all the various producers for TLS...

Chris

Chris Magwood
Director, Endeavour Centre
www.endeavourcentre.org