[GSBN] Anyone ever try a cob/straw-clay hybrid?

מיכל ויטל mvital63 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 05:10:03 UTC 2013

Hello Bruce and friends
i have here in Israel 2 projects involve light straw as exterior / interior
insulation, so it had to dry only from one side. one is with metal wall and
the other with earth blocks.
(you can watch pictures of the second one here:
http://www.vital-baron.com/projects/%D7%91%D7%99%D7%AA-%D7%91%D7%91%D7%A0%D7%99%D7%94-%D7%98%D7%91%D7%A2%D7%99%D7%AA--%D7%91%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%9D.
the website is only in hebrew at the moment bit if you scroll down there
are images)
we had no drying problemsin our hot dry summer, but in the first project it
was akready november and we had to wait 3 weeks for drying.
The combination of light straw with heavy wall is working very well thermaly

Michal Vital
Vital-Rosenberg Architects
Israel

ויטל-רוזנברג אדריכלים