[GSBN] People and places and events in Europe?

Oasis Design oasis at oasisdesign.net
Mon Apr 22 05:25:27 UTC 2013

Hi, Natural builders--

My family and I will be working, studying and traveling in Europe from
mid July for a year...interested to hear suggestions from this group of
interesting people about interesting natural building sites, people,
places, organic farms, communities and events to visit, opportunities to
give presentations <http://oasisdesign.net/education/index.htm#topic>, etc.
Research-wise I'm interested in examples of people doing the simplest,
lowest-impact possible systems with the best execution; everything from
transport bikes to water treatment to cob building to sustainability policy.

Here's our draft itinerary:

    * London (don't know anyone or anything--interested in staying
      downtown, maybe walking in the country)
    * Oslo-Bergen-Fjord country (contacts welcome)
    * Svanholm <http://www.svanholm.dk/index.php?id=73>, Denmark (got
      good contacts in DK but more welcome)
    * Lebensgarten
      <http://directory.ic.org/5657/Lebensgarten_Steyerberg>Steyerberg
      Germany
    * Switzerland
    * Stromboli, Italy
    * Aquacheta Valle communities, Italy
    * Cinque Tierra, Italy
    * Torre Superiore
      <http://www.torri-superiore.org/index.php?s=home&p=benvenuto&l=en>, Italy
    * Matavenero <http://www.thatroundhouse.info/matavenero.htm>, Spain
    * Turkey?

I speak Spanish and Danish, and at one point was fluent in German,
Italian and Swiss German.

Please reply off-list unless you think it will be of general interest,
thanks...if there is interest I'll post a collated list of attractions.
If the "best swimming holes in the world" list gleaned at the Texas
Natural Building Colloquium was any indication, natural builders are
great explorers...

Yours,

Art