[GSBN] [nbne] R-value of compressed straw panels

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 22 04:50:58 UTC 2013

Bruce, what about Oryzatech¹s compressed rice straw block ŒStakBlock¹?  I
think you are very familiar with the upstart product, and that the blocks
are at least as dense as Stramit panels.  On Oryzatech¹s website
(www.oryzatech.com) they claim:  ³Highly insulated: More than three times
the value of an insulated 2X6 stud walls².

>From that 3 x R19 divided by 12² (block thickness) = R4.75 per inch

I think we have discussed this, and we both find it impossible to believe
this claim (though we both see StakBlock as a great product with huge
promise.)

Martin