[GSBN] Can bale buildings be air tight?- How to ventilate discussion

Anthony Novelli anthony.novelli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 17:49:48 UTC 2013

Thanks Chris and August...

August, you bring up a point that might help me clarify my question... I would assume in cold climate situations that very little humidity would be required to develop condensation on exterior glass, unless employing some super efficient triple pane with thermal breaks. Either way those surfaces will be much colder than an earthen plaster or wood that spreads and holds warmth. Part of what I'm considering is not how to eliminate the condensation, but rather what to do with it while it's there? Is there a window sill detail for the interior that could accommodate the inevitable moisture present? Perhaps these are already employed and I'm out of the loop... just seen a lot of attention on moisture on the outside of windows more than inside. Even with excellent venting it seems a good passive fail-safe.

Best,T

Message: 1